Blue Snow Consulting and Engineering Sdn. Bhd. ‘s Scope of Work :
- Mechanical and Electrical Consulting Engineering ( Infrastructure)
- LEED AP ( Accredited Professional ) and Consultant for LEED Neighbourhood Development
Envisioned as an iconic landmark, the towers of PJ Sentral Garden City will feature high performance green buildings and leading-edge technology in its construction techniques. Their chic interiors will be endowed with a timeless elegance and their sleek offices will be the epitome of sophistication whilst ensuring a high level of indoor environment quality for its occupants.
PJ Sentral Garden City will be designed to both LEED and Green Building Index or GBI standards with a GOLD rating for its individual buildings and the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design or LEED standards with a GOLD rating for the entire township.
This green township will harness existing resources, like transit and public infrastructure build upon them with pedestrian-friendly streets, lots of amenities, and green building techniques. It will be designed to create the kind of beautiful, responsible places that we should all be able to live and work.
PJ Sentral Garden City will transform automobile-dependent streetscapes into a green township which is an economically strong, vibrant streetscape, complete with many modes of transportation and an obvious character and charm.
These three principles will be the integral part of PJ Sentral Garden City: Smart Growth, New Urbanism and Green Buildings. Each has a unique perspective, yet they also mutually reinforce each other
Smart growth – thoughtfully considering where and how growth occurs, so that we support and revitalize our existing communities, particularly center cities and older suburbs like Section 52 in Petaling Jaya, with the goal of preserving open space and natural resources. PJ Sentral Garden City will be compact, transit and pedestrian oriented, with a greater mix of housing types and affordability levels, and are predominantly mixed use. It is important to note that smart growth is not about preventing growth, but rather about creating choices about where people live and how they get around and replacing poorly planned development with growth that supports our communities.
New Urbanism focuses on the design elements of a neighborhood that make it attractive, successful, and tightly-knit. Places like this are created by applying certain design principles, such as short, walkable blocks, small setbacks, and the inclusion of a mix of uses in the neighborhood.
Green buildings and infrastructure – potential to reduce energy use, water use and stormwater runoff, and produce other benefits, such as improving Indoor Air Quality and supporting locally-sourced materials.
Buildings typically account for:
• 72% of electricity consumption,
• 39% of energy use,
• 38% of all carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions,
• 40% of raw materials use,
• 30% of waste output (136 million tons annually), and
• 14% of potable water consumption.
PJ Sentral Garden City will use the following green technologies for the entire township and individual buildings to reduce this developments impact on the environment:
- On-site renewable energy sources ( Stationary Fuel Cells and Solar Photovoltaics)
- District cooling system with Thermal Storage and high-performance chillers
- Centralized energy, water and air quality monitoring systems
- Rainwater harvesting system
- Modular Green Roof
- On-Site Detention Tank (OSD) for stormwater management
- Bicycle Parking and Shower facilities
- Low Emissivity Vehicle (LEV) parking
- Low Flow Sanitary Fitting
- Low E Fenestration
- Variable Air Volume air-conditioning systems
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Pumps and Blowers
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) Lighting systems
- Recycled and Regional Material Content
- Outdoor Air design to world-class ASHARE standards
- Demand Control Ventilation ( with CO2 sensors)
- Low VOC Paints and Coating
- Low VOC Adhesives and Sealants
- Green Carpet
- Zero Urea Formaldehyde Resin
- Thermal Comfort Design to world-class ASHRAE standard
- Thermal Controllability of Systems
- Daylighting Controls
- Fuel Cells and Solar Photovoltaic Education Display
With the sustainable strategies above PJ Sentral Garden City speaks directly to the triple bottom line: Healthier Communities and Happier People, Cleaner Environment and More Robust Economy